Serious matters involving allegations of professional misconduct or incompetence may be referred to the Discipline Committee for a hearing. A discipline hearing is a formal legal process. Evidence is presented to a panel of three to five committee members including members of the profession and members of the public appointed to the College’s Council by the Lieutenant Governor.
Current Scheduled Hearings
The list below outlines current referrals to Discipline Committee, including the details of scheduled hearings.
|Member Name||Member Number||Notice of Hearing & Allegations||Hearing Date, Time, and Location|
Summary of Allegations:
|March 7, 2017
222 Bay Street, Suite 900
Discipline hearings are generally open to the public, unless the panel has ordered otherwise. Attendance at a hearing is subject to available space. In order to reserve an observer seat at the hearing, please contact the College via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
General Information for Observers
- The use of any audio/visual equipment, including video cameras, laptop computers, tape recorders or phones in the hearing room is not permitted.
- Cell phones, pagers, alarms and electronic devices should be turned off during the proceedings.
- Refrain from conversing during the proceedings.
- Remain as quiet as possible in the area immediately outside of the hearing room to avoid disrupting the proceedings.
- Refrain from approaching or speaking with any hearing participants , including the Member, witnesses, the discipline panel or lawyers.
- No food or drink other than water is permitted in the hearing room, except during breaks.
- Please refrain from wearing perfume, aftershave, or other scents.
Protocol to be Observed during the Hearing
- Generally, only hearing participants may speak, and then only when recognized by the discipline panel Chair.
- All present are required to rise as the discipline panel enters or leaves the hearing room, and to remain standing until the panel is seated or has exited the room.
- Observers are advised to enter and exit the hearing room during breaks only.
- Latecomers will be seated during breaks in the hearing.
- Anyone not following this protocol may be removed by the Chair.