The College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario (CRPO) regulates its registrants in the interests of protecting the public.
CRPO fulfills its mandate to protect the public interest by:
- maintaining a Public Register of members;
- holding registrants accountable for their conduct by investigating and addressing all complaints;
- providing funding for therapy and counselling in the event a client is sexually abused by an RP;
- developing, establishing and maintaining requirements for registration and renewal;
- developing Professional Practice Standards For Registered Psychotherapists and the Code of Ethics;
- ensuring the ongoing competence of members through the Quality Assurance (QA) Program; and
- taking action to prevent non-members from using restricted titles.