Current Council Elections
- District 7 (Central) – composed of City of Toronto
CRPO is now accepting nominations from Registered Psychotherapists who primarily practise in District 7 (Central). Nominations must be received by October 17, 2019 at 12:00 noon. Not sure if you want to run? Check out some of these useful resources to help you decide:
- Candidate Information Package
- Time Commitment & Committee Information
- Guide to Nominations & Elections
About CRPO Council
Council is the governing body of the CRPO and is composed of
- at least six and no more than nine elected members of the College from regions across the province
- at least five and no more than eight public members appointed by the Lieutenant Governor-in-Council
The Council governs the profession in the public interest, striving to ensure that professional practice standards, including the professional conduct of CRPO registrants, are maintained and enhanced; and that registrants are supported in their continuing professional development.
By participating in the election of Council members, either as a candidate or through voting, every CRPO registrant has an opportunity to influence the future of the practise and regulation of psychotherapists in Ontario. Elections are held annually in May or June in accordance with CRPO by-laws.
If you would like to nominate yourself to run in an upcoming election, please download the Candidate Information & Nomination Package. If you have any questions about Council elections or becoming a Council member, please email email@example.com or watch the video below.