Public Register

The Public Register contains information about all CRPO registrants. It allows anyone to confirm whether a person is a CRPO registrant, and to learn the person’s registration status, discipline history (if any) and their employment information. By accessing the Public Register, you agree to use the Public Register only for these purposes and not for marketing, commerce or any other purpose.

If you have difficulty using the Public Register or finding information about a registrant, please contact us.

What information is included on the Public Register?

The following information about each CRPO registrant is posted on the Public Register.

Note: If any of the following categories do not appear on a member’s Public Register profile, it means there is no information available.  Members are responsible for advising CRPO of changes to their profile within 30 days.

Registrant Information

  • Name
  • Commonly Used Name in Practice
  • Previous Names (since age 18)
  • Language(s) of Practice (optional)
  • Email Address (optional)

Business Address

  • Name of employer, business address and business telephone number. If the registrant is self-employed and does not use a business name, the registrant’s own name will appear as the name of employer.

Practice Sites

  • Name, business address and telephone number of every employer where the registrant is currently a practitioner of psychotherapy.

Registration Information

  • Registration Number
  • Date of Initial Registration
  • Registration Category
    Registered Psychotherapist:
    The member has fully met the requirements for registration as a Registered Psychotherapist.
    Qualifying: The member must practise with clinical supervision while completing requirements for registration as a Registered Psychotherapist and must use the title Registered Psychotherapist (Qualifying).
    Inactive: The member must not engage in or supervise direct client services, provide clinical supervision, or make any claim about their competence in the practise of the profession and must use the title Registered Psychotherapist (Inactive).
    Temporary: The member is licensed to practise as a psychotherapist or clinical counsellor in another jurisdiction and is practising in Ontario for a limited period of time. They must use the title Registered Psychotherapist (Temporary).
    Suspended: The member must not practise the profession until the suspension is lifted and may not use a restricted title.
    Revoked: The member’s registration was terminated by the College for failure to meet an obligation and they may not use a restricted title.
    Former Member: The member has chosen to retire or resign from the College and may not use a restricted title.
    Expired Member: A former Qualifying member who has not completed the requirements to become a full Registered Psychotherapist. The former member may not use a restricted title.
  • Terms, Conditions and Limitations
    – If this field is blank, the registrant’s practice is subject only to CRPO’s standard terms, conditions and limitations for all registrants. These include the requirement to carry professional liability insurance and to practise within the registrant’s area of competence.
    – Clinical supervision is an important activity in the professional formation of Registered Psychotherapists. As part of their development, all registrants are required to practise with clinical supervision until they have completed 1000 direct client contact hours and 150 hours of clinical supervision over the course of their career to date. The Public Register shows which registrants are required to practise with clinical supervision.
    – The Public Register also shows whether a College committee has imposed additional terms, conditions and limitations on a registrant’s Certificate of Registration through a regulatory process.
  • Suspensions, Revocations, Resignations: Shows every suspension, revocation or other termination of a member’s Certificate of Registration (with the exception of some administrative suspensions/revocations, e.g. for non-payment of fees in some cases).
  • Note: An administrative suspension may be noted using language such as “suspended for non-compliance with conditions for membership renewal.” This means the registrant did not pay their annual fee, did not submit the annual renewal form, or both.

Professional Conduct

  • Matters that have been referred to the Discipline Committee for a hearing and have not been resolved, including:
    – date of referral;
    – summary of allegations;
    – notice of hearing (this is a legal document explaining details about the upcoming hearing); and
    – current status of the hearing, including hearing dates, if any.
  • Interim orders restricting a member’s Certificate of Registration.
  • Notations of discipline findings that are under appeal.
  • Notation of the existence of any published discipline decisions against a member, as well as a synopsis of discipline and incapacity decisions.
  • A notation if a member resigns during or as a result of a complaint or investigation process.
  • A notation where another regulator has made misconduct, incompetence or incapacity findings about a member.
  • A notation of professional negligence or malpractice findings about a member.
  • A summary of any undertaking (promise) given by a member to the College after April 1, 2017, restricting his or her right to practise.
  • A summary of any in-person caution a member has been required to attend by the Inquiries, Complaints and Reports Committee after April 1, 2017.
  • A summary of any specified continuing education or remediation program a member has been required to complete by the Inquiries, Complaints and Reports Committee after April 1, 2017.

Professional Corporations Owned

  • Name(s) and contact information for psychotherapy professional corporations of which a member is a shareholder. Psychotherapy professional corporations are a type of business entity that only CRPO Members can own.

Other Information

  • Criminal convictions after April 1, 2015.
  • Current bail or similar conditions.
  • Current offence charges.
  • Other information as specified by a College committee or jointly agreed to by a member and the College.
  • Where a member is deceased, the name of the deceased member and the date upon which the member died, if known to the Registrar.
  • Information about former members for at least five years after they leave the College (information related to discipline proceedings shall remain available for 25 years).

What information is NOT on the Public Register, and why not?

The Public Register enables the public to make informed choices in seeking the services of CRPO members. For this information to be effective, it must be relevant and accurate. Through its processes, the College collects and retains information about members that is not on the Public Register. Some of this information, such as the member’s home address, may not be relevant in choosing an RP (unless they practise from home).

CRPO’s Quality Assurance (QA) Program is meant to provide members with a safe, confidential framework in which to grow professionally. The RHPA includes special confidentiality provisions designed to protect QA Program information. For this reason, information obtained about members through the QA Program does not appear on the Public Register.

Finally, information may be withheld from the Public Register if it is obsolete and no longer relevant to a member’s suitability to practise, or if disclosure of the information may jeopardize the safety of an individual.

CRPO periodically reviews its By-laws regarding what is posted on the Public Register. CRPO will conduct public consultations before any changes are made.

Note: CRPO endeavours to update the Public Register within a reasonable period of time; however, a delay may occur before updated information is published online. While the College aims to ensure that the information posted on the Public Register is correct, CRPO does not represent, warrant or guarantee its accuracy, and accepts no liability or obligation relating thereto.

Searching the Public Register

Click on the button below to search the Public Register. You will be able to search by name, language of practice and location. Results are listed in rows showing first name and last name. To open a registrant’s full profile, click “View” to the right of the registrant’s name.


Why Can’t I Find A Public Register Profile for a Specific Member?


When applying for registration, applicants are asked if they want their languages of practice to be posted on the public register. If the member indicated they do not want their languages posted, they will not appear in a search result if a language is selected from the drop-down menu.


If a member’s name includes accents, their profile will only appear in a search result if a partial name search is conducted (i.e. searching Ren instead of Renée) or if the full name is searched with correct accents.

Hyphenated Names

If a member’s name is hyphenated, their profile will not appear if only searched by the second part of the hyphenated name.

Not Practicing

If a member is not currently practicing, their profile will not appear if a city, province, or postal code is included in the search for a member on the public register.

Home Address

Unless a member practices out of their home, their profile will not appear if the home address details are included in the search for a member on the public register.

Unreported Practice Sites

While all practice sites should be reported to CRPO for publication on the public register, a member’s profile will not appear if address details for an unreported site are included in the search for a member on the public register.


If your computer autofills address information, delete the autofilled details before conducting a public register search.